Author Topic: PDP-Laban fields Bato-Bong tandem  (Read 799 times)

adroth

• Administrator
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
    • The ADROTH Project
PDP-Laban fields Bato-Bong tandem
« on: October 11, 2021, 07:10:59 AM »
PDP-Laban fields Bato-Bong tandem
By Ferdinand Patinio  October 8, 2021, 7:39 pm

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1156076

MANILA – Senator Ronald "Bato" dela Rosa is the presidential bet of the ruling party, Partido Demokratiko ng Pilipinas-Lakas ng Bayan (PDP-Laban), a decision which has long been arrived at but was kept under wraps.

The neophyte senator and former Philippine National Police chief filed his certificate of candidacy (COC) at the Sofitel Harbor Garden Tent in Pasay City on Friday, accompanied by party president and Energy Secretary Alfonso Cusi and Senator Francis Tolentino.

His running mate is Senator Christopher “Bong” Go, who filed his COC on Saturday.

"It was a party decision for me to run. It was decided long ago but we just kept it a secret. It's part of our strategy. If you announce early, they will come after you. So, we hid the decision," dela Rosa said in an interview.

< Edited >

adroth

• Administrator
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
    • The ADROTH Project
Re: PDP-Laban fields Bato-Bong tandem
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 01:09:53 PM »
Bong Go announces withdrawal from presidential race
By: Neil Arwin Mercado - Reporter
09:53 AM November 30, 2021

MANILA, Philippines — Senator Bong Go announced Tuesday his withdrawal from the presidential race, saying he does not want President Rodrigo Duterte trapped in the middle ahead of the 2022 national elections.

Go, who is vying for the presidential post with the backing of no less than Duterte, said that his heart and mind have been contradicting with his actions. He added that his family is also against his move to vie for the presidency.

< Edited >

Read more: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1521731/fwd-break-bong-go-announces-withdrawal-from-presidential-race#ixzz7DfthcRqQ
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

adroth

• Administrator
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
    • The ADROTH Project
Re: PDP-Laban fields Bato-Bong tandem
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 01:14:21 PM »
Bato Dela Rosa withdraws from 2022 presidential race
By David Tristan Yumol, CNN Philippines

Published Nov 13, 2021 4:34:09 PM
Updated Nov 13, 2021 5:43:00 PM

https://www.cnnphilippines.com/news/2021/11/13/bato-dela-rosa-withdraws-2022-presidential-race.html

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, November 13) – Senator Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa has withdrawn his candidacy for president in the 2022 elections.

Dela Rosa told CNN Philippines on Saturday it was the decision of his political party, Partido Demokratiko Pilipino–Lakas ng Bayan (PDP-Laban), for him to withdraw his candidacy for president.

“I'm a good soldier. I will just follow party decisions. So, desisyon po ng partido na mag-withdraw ako. Kaya ako nag-withdraw (So, it is the decision of the party for me to withdraw. That’s why I withdrew),” said Dela Rosa.

The nation’s former top cop filed his withdrawal hours after a representative of Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio submitted the substitution papers that formalized the presidential daughter’s vice presidential run in next May's polls.

< Edited >