Author Topic: Longtime ally Chris Christie calls on Trump to show evidence of election fraud  (Read 135 times)

adroth

• Administrator
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
    • The ADROTH Project
Longtime ally Chris Christie calls on Trump to provide evidence of election fraud
'We cannot permit inflammation without information,' Christie said

By Brian Flood | Fox News

https://www.foxnews.com/media/chris-christie-trump-provide-evidence-election-fraud

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and longtime ally to President Trump pushed back on the president on Thursday, urging Trump to provide evidence of claims that Democrats are attempting to “steal” the 2020 election.

Trump on Thursday said during a White House press conference he and his campaign will “not allow corruption to steal” the election, while maintaining that he will win the 2020 presidential race despite a dwindling path toward reelection as votes continue to come in.

< Edited >

“I’ve been fortunate enough to be on the ballot a number of times myself. I’ve won, I’ve lost. And so, as a candidate, you’re even more invested in the integrity of the system,” Christie said on ABC News following Trump’s comment.

“If this stuff is going on that the president is talking about … it would undercut everything that we believe in in our system. But as a prosecutor, that’s like asking me to indict someone without showing me any evidence,” Christie continued. “If you’re gonna say those things from behind the podium at the White House, it’s his right to do it, it’s his right to pursue legal action, but show us the evidence.”

< Edited >
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 10:52:14 AM by adroth »