Author Topic: Chief Wright: ‘I am George Floyd,’ promises review of Air Force justice system  (Read 407 times)

adroth

• Administrator
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
    • The ADROTH Project
Chief Wright: ‘I am George Floyd,’ promises review of Air Force justice system
Stephen Losey
3 days ago

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2020/06/01/chief-wright-i-am-george-floyd-promises-review-of-air-force-justice-system/

Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force Kaleth Wright on Monday announced an independent review of the service’s justice system after a series of scathing reports that showed it disproportionately punishes young black airmen.

And in a lengthy, passionate Twitter thread posted as the nation continued to be roiled by protests and fury over racism, police brutality and the deaths of George Floyd and other black men at the hands of police, Chief Wright — who is the second black man in history to be the Air Force’s top enlisted leader — invoked several of their names and expressed solidarity with them.

< Edited >

Wright described his outrage at “watching another Black man die on television before our very eyes" — and said that his rank and position would not necessarily be enough to spare him, either. Wright said that, “like most other Black men in America,” his heart starts racing when he sees blue police lights behind him.

< Edited >