Author Topic: Tyros need five posts . . .  (Read 32909 times)

adroth

• Administrator
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
    • The ADROTH Project
Tyros need five posts . . .
« on: November 13, 2016, 02:53:06 PM »
. . . in the For New Members board to gain posting rights to the main forum. This is part of our anti-spam and anti-fanboi defense system.

Let us get to know you before joining in the main discussions. Happy posting.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 01:05:06 AM by adroth »

kugmo

• View Profile
Re: Tyros need five posts . . .
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 01:44:35 AM »
hello all,

I'm from the SF bay area, I have relatives currently serving in the AFP, some are retired already, this is why I am interested in the military aspect of the Philippines in general and modernization in particular, I am not in the military establishment but I currently work in the cybersecurity industry here in the US, originally from Davao city

salamat,
kugmo

adroth

• Administrator
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
    • The ADROTH Project
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 03:05:03 AM »
hello all,

I'm from the SF bay area, I have relatives currently serving in the AFP, some are retired already, this is why I am interested in the military aspect of the Philippines in general and modernization in particular, I am not in the military establishment but I currently work in the cybersecurity industry here in the US, originally from Davao city

salamat,
kugmo

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to you insights here.

http://defenseph.net/drp/index.php?board=16.0

Two posts to go. Will move you Tor post there shortly.  :)

Mr. Pitz

• Defense technicalities are a thing
    • View Profile
    • Pitz Defense Analysis
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 12:35:56 PM »
Hello everyone!

I am from Zamboanga City where I have several friends serving in the Armed Forces of the Philippines. I am interested to learn about the AFP, it's functions as well as defense update where these things will help me incur the knowledge about the technicalities available within this forum. Like Kugmo, I am also not from military establishment but I am living a civilian life still constructing a career. I run two blog sites with one oriented in defense issues.

Thank you for accepting.

- Mr. Pitz
Never assume unless otherwise stated.

Protect the integrity, sovereignty and welfare of the Philippine Republic

El_Filibusterismo1978

• Timawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 01:11:03 PM »
good afternoon everyone!

I am from Makati and a member of the defunct but legendary forum -- Timawa.net since 2006..

former aka atty_rcb but i decide to change it because i joined a new forum made by Mr. Adroth...

Looking forward to reading and contributing to intellectually stimulating discussion with you guys..

Thanks for accepting..

sleepyglasses

• Tyro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 04:48:26 PM »
Evening, everyone!

I'm from Paranaque and an overall newbie here. A couple of relatives of mine served in the PC and  the USN during 60's up to the late 80's. The AFP modernization program sparked my interest, which is one of my primary reasons for joining up, as well as a curious lack of AFP-related pixel art (save for those of RJL 28, of course). Cheers.

hughdotoh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 07:06:37 PM »
Fair enough condition, Adroth!

We definitely need to sift out the nutbags from the serious students.

Magoo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 07:56:07 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I'm a Veterinarian and most of my family are pretty much composed of professionals of all vocations, the only relative, alive or deceased, who worked for the military as far as I know was an Annapolis grad in the PA-OSP during WW2. I have been a long time lurker at the old Timawa forum and thoroughly enjoyed browsing/reading the myriad of topics back then.

Thanks for having me.

Magoo

alexpz

• Tyro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 08:33:27 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I'm from Cagayan de Oro city and I'm no expert about defense stuff but I love to read and learn from the guru. I'm a former member of the discontinued timawa.net since 2012  and seldom post on that said forum since I'm no expert. For now, I'll just continue to read in this new forum until I have something useful to contribute.  ;D

Thanks for accepting.

Invictus

• Timawan
  • "in the pipeline"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 09:45:19 AM »
Hello all,

I hail from Northern Iloilo. An IT by profession particularly in the field of programming and systems administration. No military background just CAT and ROTC. I follow the developments in the AFP modernization as well as current events related to security.

Been lurking in the Timawa forum for quite some time and became a member last 2015 until it was taken down. Thank you to for bringing this forum back to life. Glad that it's up and that the updates and discussions can continue.

It's an honor to be here.

Thank you!
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

roystik

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 02:49:44 PM »
Long time lurker from the old forum. Glad to be here.

phantom

• Tyro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2016, 03:00:20 PM »
Old lurker here, ghostman in timawa ;-)

Sinagtala

• Sic Parvis Magna
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2016, 11:16:27 PM »
Good day to all!

I am a Diplomacy student who has been paying particular attention to issues regarding conflicts, dispute resolution, and defense-related events. I was an idle member of the former Timawa.net, and usually posted photos. Haven't been involved in any discussions for choosing to stay behind and look at the perspectives of the parties involved. 

Kudos to the administrator/s of this new forum.

Best regards,
Sinagtala
"I know that I know nothing." - Socrates

djbaracudz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2016, 11:59:05 PM »
      old sea dog here and  glad to be back home again. not much of a poster but i do prefer to read more and learn. :)

kyuzoaoi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2016, 09:16:26 AM »
I am Kyuzo Aoi and a Filipino living in Toronto. I am currently interested in Philippine political and defense issues and the state of modernization.