Author Topic: 'Take This Serious': Bus Driver Dies Of COVID-19 After Calling Out Coughing Ride  (Read 455 times)

adroth

• Administrator
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
    • The ADROTH Project
'Take This Serious': Bus Driver Dies Of COVID-19 After Calling Out Coughing Rider
April 3, 20204:01 PM ET
Colin Dwyer 2018 square
COLIN DWYER

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/03/826817866/take-this-serious-bus-driver-dies-of-covid-19-after-calling-out-coughing-rider

Jason Hargrove was behind the wheel of a bus in Detroit when he said a passenger began to cough. The middle-aged woman let loose four or five times without covering her mouth, he said, and watching her do this at the same time Michigan was under a state of emergency for the coronavirus got him so upset, he felt compelled to vent his frustrations in a video afterward.

"I'm mad right about now because that s*** was uncalled for. I'm trying to be the professional that they want me to be, and I kept my mouth closed," he said, voice breaking with emotion. "I kept my mouth closed, but it's at some point in time we've got to draw the line and say enough is enough."

Now, nearly two weeks after he recorded the video, which viewers shared widely on Facebook Live, Hargrove himself has died of COVID-19. The Amalgamated Transit Union confirmed his death in a tweet posted Thursday.

< Edited >