Author Topic: Plan to develop the Government Arsenal Defense Industrial Estate (GADIE)  (Read 546 times)

Ayoshi

• Timawan
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
ADAS 2016: Philippines to establish dedicated defence industrial zone | IHS Jane's 360 - 29 September 2016
The plan to develop the Government Arsenal Defense Industrial Estate (GADIE) has been drawn up over the past two years and is now awaiting presidential approval, officials told IHS Jane's on 29 September at the Asian Defence and Security 2016 (ADAS 2016) exhibition in Manila.

mayk

• Timawan
    • View Profile
My post on this subject matter in the FB extension got buried. I was asking GA's Director MGEN Martir if part of the plans for the industrial complex is reviving the BNPP. The questiin was never anaered but I'm reviving this in the mother forum because I think it merits valid discussion. Nuclear power would provide cheap, reliable, dependable power for decades to come. Putting the power plant under the purvue of the GA/DND/AFP would reduce the risks in terms of security.

PH also has one of the highest electricity rates in the region. If the industrial estate can guarantee cheap and competitve electricty rates the potential for major international defense contractors to locate and partner for co-production increases.