Author Topic: Malolos-Clark Railway Project  (Read 806 times)

adroth

• Administrator
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
    • The ADROTH Project
Malolos-Clark Railway Project
« on: July 26, 2019, 06:21:50 PM »
Administrator's note: See also North-South Commuter Railway project

=====

President Duterte asks DOTr to speed up completion of $6.1-billion Malolos-Clark Railway Project
July 11, 2019

https://pcoo.gov.ph/news_releases/president-duterte-asks-dotr-to-speed-up-completion-of-6-1-billion-malolos-clark-railway-project/

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte on Thursday witnessed the signing ceremony in Malacañang of the $1.3-billion loan agreement for the Malolos-Clark Railway Project (MCRP) between the government and the Asian Development Bank (ADB).

Signing for the Philippine government was Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez III and ADB Vice President Ahmed Saeed.

The $6.1-billion Malolos-Clark Railway Project is a major project under the administration’s Build, Build, Build infrastructure program. As the country’s first airport express railway service, MCRP will be co-financed by the ADB and by the Japanese government through the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).

The 53.1-kilometer MCRP is a section of the 163-kilometer North-South Commuter Railway (NSCR) System, a rail network designed to connect New Clark City, Clark and Clark International Airport (CIA) to Manila and Calamba by 2025.

Once completed, the project will provide affordable, reliable, and safe public transport system and will cut travel time from Manila to CIA to less than one hour from the current travel time of two to three hours by car or bus.

“I am directing the Department of Transportation to fast track the completion of the MCRP and observe the highest quality standards as we complete this railway project,” President Duterte said in a speech during the signing ceremony.

“By the time it is completed, I expect that our people, especially those from Central Luzon, will greatly feel the impact of our Build, Build, Build program.”

“As we pursue these endeavors, I expect you to embody excellence, integrity, and accountability of us here in government as we journey towards inclusive and sustainable growth.”

< Edited >
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 06:23:22 PM by adroth »

adroth

• Administrator
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
    • The ADROTH Project
Re: Malolos-Clark Railway Project
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 03:45:18 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/DOTrPH/posts/1630964490376014

These are words of optimism underscored by Department of Transportation (DOTr) Secretary Arthur Tugade, as the Filipino people witnessed anew a historic milestone for the Philippines' railway system— the  signing of the three (3) remaining contract packages for the PNR Clark Phase 2 (Malolos-Clark), or the Malolos-Clark segment of the massive North South Commuter Railway (NSCR) Project.

"Today, more than signing the agreements for the NSCR Project, this event is a celebration of trust. It is a celebration of trust and confidence that you have given and is giving to the Duterte Administration. Without the trust in this administration, I am sure that partnering and investing with us in building transport infrastructure for the comfort and convenience of the Filipino people will be utterly difficult, if not, most challenging. Without the trust in this administration, there is no coming together of the biggest and best partners that build the North South Commuter Railway Project," Secretary Tugade stressed.

Recognizing the vital role of the private partnerships and financing institutions in this endeavor, Secretary Tugade expressed his sincerest gratitude to the private stakeholders who have confidently put their trust in realizing this dream railway project.

"I would like to thank the JICA and the ADB for partnering with us in this momentous project. This project is, by far, the ADB's largest-ever financing package for a single project, and indeed, this project is the single largest BBB project to date in the history of the Duterte Administration. For a project as massive, as specular and as enormous as this, it can be considered as an audacious move for all stakeholders with trust as its primary capital and with confidence as its center piece," Secretary Tugade said.

He added, "Be assured that we are focused on our goal to make the Filipino life comfortable, the Filipino life convenient. This administration shall remain firm and steadfast in turning this railway project into a living reality."

And in his trademark leadership stance, the transportation chief reiterated his oft-quoted remark, "Signing that contract is one thing, but finishing the project is another."

"Many times in the past, I have always said, signing is one thing, but finishing the project is another. I am very happy today that we are doing this contract singing. I will be happier if we start the actual construction as scheduled, and the President, Mayor Rodrigo Roa Duterte will be happiest if we finish this project without delay," Secretary Tugade pointed out.
The DOTr signed the three (3) remaining contract packages, namely:

A.  Contract Package N-01 with Joint venture of Hyundai Engineering and Construction Co., Ltd. Director Park David (Dong Wook), Megawide Construction Corporation Chair and CEO Edgar Saavedra, and Mr. Kim, Kyoung Jin from the Dong-Ah Geological Engineering Co., Ltd.;

B. Contract Package N-02 with Joint Venture Acciona Construction Philippines Regional Director of Southeast Asia Ruben Camba and Area Business Manager Raul Rodriguez, and Daelim Industrial Co., Ltd. Vice President Minsoo Kim, and Mr. Hojin Cho; and

C. Contract Package N-03 with Italian-Thai Development Public Company Ltd. Executive Vice President Sakchai Puetpaiboon.

For its part, the Asian Development Bank (ADB) extended its gratitude and commendation to the current Administration, under the strong leadership of President Duterte, and the Department of Transportation (DOTr), under the determined leadership of Secretary Tugade, in ensuring that the needed transport infrastructure projects and programs are in place and are fully undertaken, which will greatly benefit the Filipino people.

"Secretary Tugade, I would like to again congratulate you and your team, and the three successful contractors for the Malolos-Clark Railway Project, for this successful day. It's been your relenting commitment, Secretary Tugade, to the Philippines, and your leadership, particularly in the transport sector, that has brought us all together today for the contract signing of the Contract Packages N-01, N-02, and N-03," ADB Southeast Asia Director General Ramesh Subramaniam said.

During the event, the Honorable Ambassadors from Korea, Spain, and Thailand have also affirmed their long-established partnership with the Philippine Government, renewed their profound commitment, and expressed their commendation towards the endeavors being carried out by the Duterte Administration to further strengthen the country's economy, and usher the Filipinos into a more progressive future.

“We look forward to the momentum of spending exchanges in this sector between this great countries, the Philippines and Korea,” Ambassador of the Republic of Korea to the Philippines Han Dong-man asserted.

His Excellency further said, “...I assure you that the Korean companies will take a responsible attitude in the entire construction process, and drive better results through this. With Korea's experience and know-how, combined with the Philippines’ immense growth momentum, I am very confident that we will greatly contribute to this country's economic recovery and development. Let's go together, with our solidarity and friendship."

Noting that the railway project is a 'giant lift' for the country's infrastructure, Ambassador of Spain to the Philippines Jorge Moragas Sánchez congratulated the winning bidders and the DOTr, led by Secretary Tugade, for making the project a reality.

"My most sincere congratulations to all the won companies and most especially to the DOTr officials and staff, who, under the gallant leadership of Secretary Tugade, have succeeded in making this project a reality. It is truly a giant lift for the Philippines’ infrastructure. Thanks to the 'Build, Build, Build' Project carried out by the Duterte Administration," Ambassador Sánchez expressed.
Lastly, Ambassador of Thailand to the Philippines Vasin Ruangprateepsaeng illustrated today's event as a testament and a manifestation of the growing partnership and cooperation between Thailand and the Philippines.

"The ceremony today manifests the increasing economic activities of Thailand and the Republic of the Philippines. The cooperation between the Philippines and the Thailand’s private sector is also a testament of the high level of trust and confidence that the Thai private sector has for the Philippines. On this note, we are confident that the Italian-Thai Development Public Company Ltd. will accomplish this project and continue to contribute to the economic growth and development to the Philippines,” Ambassador Ruangprateepsaeng said.

The 54-km northern segment of the NSCR System, the PNR Clark Phase 2, will run from Malolos, Bulacan to Clark, Pampanga, and will feature the country’s first Airport Express Service.