Author Topic: Exercise Cambrian Patrol Results  (Read 4660 times)

Manokski

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Exercise Cambrian Patrol Results
« on: November 09, 2018, 09:55:15 PM »
Has anyone received or found independent confirmation of the Ex Cambrian Patrol results for 2018?

adroth

• Administrator
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
    • The ADROTH Project
Re: Exercise Cambrian Patrol Results
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 01:52:30 AM »
PH Scout Rangers rank 4th in Cambrian Patrol exercise in UK
By: Frances Mangosing - Reporter / @FMangosingINQ INQUIRER.net / 01:26 PM November 06, 2018

Members of the Army Scout Rangers (in dark camouflage) pose with their hosts in the United Kingdom after conquering the formidable Exercise Cambrian Patrol and ranking fourth in the rigorous military competition. PHILIPPINE ARMY PHOTO

The Philippine Army’s Scout Rangers ranked 4th out of 139 teams  at the Exercise Cambrian Patrol (EX CP) held last month in the United Kingdom.

The EX CP, an annual event which started in 1959, is a long-range patrol exercise open to international participants and is considered as one of the most arduous military events designed to test leadership, field craft, discipline, and both mental and physical strength, said Army spokesperson Lt. Col. Louie Villanueva in a statement.

< Edited >

Read more: https://globalnation.inquirer.net/170823/ph-scout-rangers-rank-4th-in-cambrian-patrol-exercise-in-uk#ixzz5WNhM6nRq
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Manokski

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 05:23:20 AM »
Independent confirmation would be nice.  Independent of Philippine sources I mean.

adroth

• Administrator
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
    • The ADROTH Project
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 01:01:44 PM »

Manokski

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 12:19:47 PM »
My point exactly. Someone is making sh*t up again. 👿
Apparently it's not enough to stand on your own accomplishments. Haven't these guys heard of the internet and fact checking. Shame.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 12:21:45 PM by Manokski »

sirius

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 11:36:08 AM »
lol, I guess when they say 4th they mean 1. Gold 2. Silver 3. Bronze 4. Certificate hahahaha

gemini1

• Timawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 12:22:11 AM »
^ LOL exactly what I thought, when I read it last night.

horge

• Timawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 12:57:59 AM »
lol, I guess when they say 4th they mean 1. Gold 2. Silver 3. Bronze 4. Certificate hahahaha

Yep.  :P

My point exactly. Someone is making sh*t up again. 👿
It is Philippine Daily Inquirer (PDI), after all.

Apparently it's not enough to stand on your own accomplishments. Haven't these guys heard of the internet and fact checking. Shame.

It wasn't PDI that participated in EX CP, so it clearly wasn't even close to "their accomplishments".  ;D

Which is my way of saying 'we have to be careful'.
I'd give the SR team kudos for participating.
I'd also like to give the ACPA the benefit of the doubt: LTCOL Villanueva isn't quoted on that "4th out of 139".
I'd even go so far (and it's quite far indeed) as to give the author Frances Mangosing some rope: she's been
on the .mil beat a decent amount of time, even though her past work has been as-spotty. Her editors, on the
other hand, are where the buck o' blame ultimately stops.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 12:59:34 AM by horge »

Manokski

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2018, 02:20:28 AM »
Looking for the better angels here.
Kudos indeed to the FSSR for going and doing well. 

The PNA however should know better right?
http://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1053006

horge

• Timawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 02:31:29 AM »

Ayoshi

• Timawan
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
Exercise Cambrian Patrol 2019 (Ex CP 2019) Results
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2019, 05:42:18 AM »
https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1083537

PH soldiers bag silver medal in UK Cambrian Patrol
October 18, 2019, 10:57 amShare

This year, around 130 teams from different countries participated in the exercise.

They also underwent a 21-day pre-training before the exercise proper that started last October 14.

The Ex CP is an annual international military exercise hosted by Headquarters 160th (Welsh) Brigade. It is tagged as the British Army’s premier patrolling event that provides mission-focused and scenario-based exercise to enhance each participating unit’s operational capabilities.

SILVER MEDALISTS. Eight Philippine Army (PA) Scout Rangers, who participated in the United Kingdom's Exercise Cambrian Patrol 2019 (Ex CP 2019) held in Wales, bag the Silver Medal for their feat. The Ex CP is an annual international military exercise hosted by Headquarters 160th (Welsh) Brigade and tagged as the British Army’s premier patrolling event that provides mission-focused and scenario-based exercises. (Photo courtesy of Army Chief Public Affairs)

Ayoshi

• Timawan
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2019, 12:33:32 PM »
https://globalnation.inquirer.net/181287/philippine-army-bags-silver-at-worlds-toughest-patrolling-test

Philippine Army bags silver at world’s toughest patrolling test
INQUIRER.net / 03:22 PM October 21, 2019

MANILA, Philippines — A Philippine Army team has bagged the silver medal at the recently concluded Exercise Cambrian Patrol in Wales, United Kingdom.

An annual event organized by the British Army, the Exercise Cambrian Patrol is touted as the world’s toughest patrol exercise.

The international exercise tests the basic soldiering skills, as well as qualities like leadership, teamwork, and physical fitness of the participating military units.

The eight-man Scout Ranger team was able to carry out various military operations despite extreme weather and terrain conditions.

“For 51 sleepless hours, the Army’s eight-man team successfully accomplished its mission by performing various military operations along the rugged Cambrian Mountains of Mid-Wales, with loads of logistics and minimal food and water,” said Army spokesperson Lt. Col. Ramon Zagala.

Around 130 teams from different overseas military units joined the exercises for this year.

Photo taken from army.mil.ph via inquirer.net