Author Topic: Teddy Boy Locsin @ DFA  (Read 463 times)

adroth

• Administrator
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
    • The ADROTH Project
Teddy Boy Locsin @ DFA
« on: October 11, 2018, 08:20:55 PM »
Duterte: Teddy Boy Locsin will be next Foreign Affairs Secretary
Published October 12, 2018 12:57am
Updated October 12, 2018 5:45am

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news/nation/670956/duterte-teddy-boy-locsin-will-be-next-foreign-affairs-secretary/story/

President Rodrigo Duterte has chosen Teodoro "Boy" Locsin to replace Alan Peter Cayetano, who is expected to leave his post as Foreign Affairs Secretary.

Cayetano is expected to run for Congressman of Taguig City.

Duterte made the announcement during a press conference held upon his arrival from Indonesia to attend the ASEAN Leaders' Gathering.

< Edited >

Locsin said, in his Twitter account, "I was asked I said yes; but love UN, the may friends & intellectual companions I made. But I didn't say no when asked as I didn't when he told me I was UN ambassador. If my Tito Chito Ayala trusted him implicitly; how can I not. Still UN work is like sharpening a blade everyday."

< Edited >

« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 08:40:34 PM by adroth »

adroth

• Administrator
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
    • The ADROTH Project
Re: Teddy Boy Locsin @ DFA
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 12:04:05 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156043612857532&set=a.28399547531&type=3&theater

“[Perfecto] Yasay spent his short tenure receiving insults from foreign governments, while trying to answer them. Alan Peter Cayetano spent all his time to answer those insults and talked personally to those insulting our country. His work started and has finished the turn-around we have today. But with insults still coming. I, meanwhile, refuted in the UN all the insults past, present and I think future, and I returned the insults instead.”

—Foreign Affairs Secretary Teodoro L. Locsin Jr. to the men and women of the Department of Foreign Affairs

adroth

• Administrator
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
    • The ADROTH Project
Re: Teddy Boy Locsin @ DFA
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 12:45:42 AM »
Locsin bares ‘refined’ PH foreign policy
By Mario J. Mallari - November 8, 2018 12:25 AM

http://tribune.net.ph/index.php/2018/11/08/locsin-bares-refined-ph-foreign-policy/?fbclid=IwAR2rwTHhgnTmh9Fp0awH3Q7vQ3CXZaCi44ECZ0vDd8DMfEbGaWvi04olpxY

Foreign Affairs Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. is refining the country’s independent foreign policy to a more valiant — “friends to friends, enemies to enemies and worse enemies to false friends.”

< Edited >

The original policy was adopted by President Duterte and was pursued actively during the term of former DFA Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano.

Locsin stressed the refinement was meant to cope with the “changing realities.”

“It is a refinement of the earlier one which stood us in good stead: “Friends to all, enemies to none.” But we are moving on to a refinement which addresses changing realities. It is now “friends to friends, enemies to enemies, and worse enemies to false friends,” Locsin told foreign diplomats led by Papal Nuncio Archbishop Gabriele Caccia.

Locsin maintained the refined policy remains within the President’s all-out efforts to advance Philippine interests in the global arena and protection of overseas Filipino workers in various parts of the world.

“I am not here to reinvent the wheel, just to grease it and steer it away from potholes and ravines,” said Locsin.

< Edited >