Author Topic: Application for Commisionship in the Reserve Force, AFP (2018)  (Read 1120 times)

GwapoKing

• View Profile
Application for Commisionship in the Reserve Force, AFP (2018)
« on: September 03, 2018, 10:27:27 PM »
I am writing this topic again after a few years of not seeing any post from Timawa.net forum after it was no longer available.

Anyways, I will give you some insights on my process of application in the Reserve Force, AFP. Will also put more information on how to process one's papers if interested in going to this process of being an officer (Oscar 1 and up).

To be honest, it is very costly, takes a lot of time and effort to get all the necessary documents on achieving your purpose or going to the process of becoming a reserve officer after serving your time and duty as an enlisted man / non-commissioned officer.

Although, I had submitted my A2 Clearance (PAF) last April 2018, I learned that I was not submitted for personal background investigation (PBI) by Reserve Center personnel only to learn yesterday that my Police Clearance already expired last July 2018 thinking I had undergone the PBI. So right now, I am going to get a new Police Clearance. Good thing, the Brgy Clearance, Regional Trial Court Clearance, Municipal Trial Court Clearance have no expiration date but my NBI will expire by Jan 2019 because it has only one (1) year effectivity.

Will keep you posted again on my next post on other document requirements etc.

Applying for clearances may vary depending on the branch of service one's applying. I will try to put more emphasis on how the process works and upload files that can be used for application. To tell you, the application process changes most of the time. Maybe on a yearly basis or so.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 10:39:52 PM by GwapoKing »

GwapoKing

• View Profile
Re: Application for Commisionship in the Reserve Force, AFP (2018)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 06:38:38 PM »
Update as of 6 December 2018

A week ago, I decided to submit my requirements to GHQ AFP Reserve Command AFPRESCOM under 1st Technical Administrative Service Brigage (1st TASBDe) - NCR because I am a  graduate of a allied healthcare bachelor's degree here in Manila. I visited the office and got lost  in the process but I was thankful of the Google Map I have in my mobile phone.

I was instructed by Mr. Dan A. of Technical Services Reserve Group office located at the 2d floor of GHQ  AFPRESCOM Bldg in Camp Aguinaldo. I was warmly accommodated by this person who happens to be more friendly than the other office personnel. I submitted three copies of the following:

Three Green Folders with Tabbings for Application for Commissionship

One (1) folder with original copy of Application for Commissionship, this includes, Affidavit of Non-Pending case, Authenticated copy of PRC Board Cerficate, Board Ratings, PRC ID, Authenticated copy of diploma, Authenicated of Transcript of Records (TOR), Resume / Curriculum Vitae, ROTC graduation certificates (if any or if no certificate, it must be on the TOR)
PSA / NSO Birth Certificate
Certificate of Employment

Two (2)  photocopies of Application for Commissionship with this includes, Affidavit of Non-Pending case, Authenticated copy of PRC Board Cerficate, Board Ratings, PRC ID, Authenticated copy of diploma, Authenicated of Transcript of Records (TOR), Resume / Curriculem Vitae, ROTC graduation certificates (if any or if no certificate, it must be on the TOR)
PSA / NSO Birth Certificate
Certificate of Employment

Three Green Folders with Tabbings for G2 Command Clearance

One original copy of the following:

1. Brgy Clearance
2. Police Clearance
3. Regional Trial Court Clearance (need Municipal Trial Court clearance and Fiscal Clearance)
4. Mayor's Clearance (same with #3 but bring Voter's ID and PSA / NSO Birth Certificate)
5. NBI Clearance

* Get Community Tax Certificate (Cedula) needed before getting other clearances (steps 2 to4)

* Prepare Two photocopies of the same clearances

He mentioned to me that I can be a 1st Lieutenant if I get my other certificates of employments from my previous employers because I have more than 10 years of experience in my profession although I do not have a master's degree which could to a rank of Captain. 
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 06:40:24 PM by GwapoKing »