Author Topic: Active Duty Training - Please share your experiences  (Read 4060 times)

GwapoKing

• View Profile
Active Duty Training - Please share your experiences
« on: August 27, 2018, 10:07:30 PM »
I recently completed my Active Duty Training (ADT) in the Philippine Air Force Reserve Command last July 2018.

We were always on training during saturdays, sundays, some weekdays when we were available or holidays.

Our activities during ADT are:

1st Phase

1. Refresher course on military drills
2. Lecture on Military Correspondence (Writing letters / memos etc).
3. Lecture and practicals on Basic Life Support / First Aid
4. Lecture on Basic Leadership
5. Lecture on AFP Uniform Code

2nd Phase (On the Job Training)

With the objective of enhancing individual specialty, skills and knowledge on assigned tasks in which were immersed to six (6) base functions from the following:

a. Base Operations
b. Air Police / Base Security
c.  Hospital / Health Services
d. Engineering / Maintenance
e. Motorpool
f. Communication / Electronics  (I got assigned in this unit)

Other functions we were able to do during the time being are:

Yearly DEPED Brigada Eskwela projects assigned to ADT participants (because it was summer time)
Mass Blood Donation with PAF Health Services together / PAF regular / organic personnel or servicemen and partner private hospital / institution.

Just sharing my thoughts and experiences. I really appreciate my 4 months on Active Duty Training a worthwhile.
Although I cannot put some photos here due security concerns etc.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 10:14:41 PM by GwapoKing »

adroth

• Administrator
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
    • The ADROTH Project
Re: Active Duty Training - Please share your experiences
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 07:06:17 AM »
Nice list Mr G. Reaching out to other Timawans to help rebuild the knowledgebase.

spoon

• Timawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 07:31:12 AM »
My CADT experience is with AFPOS schooling in the Infantry Non-Com Officers Basic Course at the 4ATG, TRADOC.

Applying requires applicants to undergo Command Clearance - G2 (GHQ) and J9 clearance (HPA) and issued orders as a regular sildier with full pay and benefits for a period of time.

The Infantry Course covers the ACAD and NON ACAD courses
1. ACAD - academic phase ( infantry, fire support, BOS, finance, armor op, calling CAS etc)
2. ACAD - AFPOS phase ( TLP, TEWT, FTX, MOUT )
3. NON-ACAD - physical training and conditioning ( prep for 1 week FTX included )

After graduation, you earn the infantry badge and included in you name rank and AFPSN the AFPOS (eg: 1LT JUAN DELA CRUZ O-123456 INF PA/ 2LT JOHN M DOE O-123456 INF PA (RES)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 07:49:03 AM by spoon »

GwapoKing

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 08:26:20 PM »
Nice list Mr G. Reaching out to other Timawans to help rebuild the knowledgebase.

Thank you very much Sir A. I just don't like the Facebook comments section on the group. I'd rather be a anonymous person.