Author Topic: US Elections 2016  (Read 4517 times)

adroth

• Administrator
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
    • The ADROTH Project
US Elections 2016
« on: October 11, 2016, 11:20:41 AM »
US Elections: November 8, 2016

https://www.usa.gov/election

An election for President of the United States occurs every four years on Election Day, held the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November. The 2016 Presidential election will be held on November 8, 2016.

====

After the 2nd Presidential debate

Why it matters

(b) Within sixty calendar days after a report is submitted or is required to be submitted pursuant to section 4(a)(1), whichever is earlier, the President shall terminate any use of United States Armed Forces with respect to which such report was submitted (or required to be submitted), unless the Congress (1) has declared war or has enacted a specific authorization for such use of United States Armed Forces, (2) has extended by law such sixty-day period, or (3) is physically unable to meet as a result of an armed attack upon the United States. Such sixty-day period shall be extended for not more than an additional thirty days if the President determines and certifies to the Congress in writing that unavoidable military necessity respecting the safety of United States Armed Forces requires the continued use of such armed forces in the course of bringing about a prompt removal of such forces.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:53:50 PM by adroth »

Ayoshi

• Timawan
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
Re: US Elections 2016
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 05:35:25 PM »
* First Presidential Debate 2016.

Donald Trump vs Hillary Clinton - Second Presidential Debate - Washington University 10/9/2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyDSCKYz5sA

adroth

• Administrator
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
    • The ADROTH Project
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 11:35:25 AM »
Donald Trump: 'I will totally accept' election results 'if I win'
By Jeremy Diamond, CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/20/politics/donald-trump-i-will-totally-accept-election-results-if-i-win/index.html

Delaware, Ohio (CNN)Donald Trump said Thursday he will accept the results of next month's election if he wins, a caveat that threatens to cast unprecedented doubt on the legitimacy of the electoral process.

Trump offered a stunning declaration during the final presidential debate that he might not accept the results of next month's election. In his first speech since the debate, Trump seemed to simultaneously double down on the stance he articulated Wednesday night while also trying to clean it up.

Trump argued forcefully during a rally here that he was being asked to "waive" his right to contest the election after critics slammed him for refusing to pledge to accept the results of the election the previous night during the final presidential debate.
Trump: I will keep you in suspense

"I would like to promise and pledge to all of my voters and supporters and to all of the people of the United States that I will totally accept the results of this great and historic presidential election, if I win," Trump told supporters here in his first comments since the final debate.

After raising concerns about voter fraud -- instances of which are extremely rare -- Trump also pledged to accept "a clear election result."

"Of course, I would accept a clear election result, but I would also reserve my right to contest or file a legal challenge in the case of a questionable result," Trump said. "And always, I will follow and abide by all of the rules and traditions of all of the many candidates who have come before me. Always."

adroth

• Administrator
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
    • The ADROTH Project
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 10:56:23 AM »

dr demented

• Global Moderator
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 11:10:53 AM »
Many of the major polls (as of 10-21-2016) are showing that Clinton leads in enough states to have more than the necessary 270 electoral votes needed to win in the Electoral College.

http://www.270towin.com/2016-election-forecast-predictions/

adroth

• Administrator
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
    • The ADROTH Project

adroth

• Administrator
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
    • The ADROTH Project
Polls open in pivotal US presidential election
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 09:19:33 PM »
Polls open in pivotal US presidential election

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/11/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-election-clash-161108114135644.html

Polling stations have opened as the first ballots were cast in one of the most divisive US presidential elections, pitting Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton against her Republican rival Donald Trump.

The kick-off in the early hours of Tuesday marked the end to a bitter campaign as Clinton and Trump presented radically different visions of how to lead the US.

A Reuters/Ipsos States of the Nation poll gave Clinton a 90 percent chance of defeating Trump and said she was on track to win 303 electoral college votes out of 270 needed, to Trump's 235.

< Edited >
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 11:48:34 PM by adroth »

adroth

• Administrator
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
    • The ADROTH Project
Election schedule
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 03:24:47 AM »
http://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/2016-election-day-results-live-analysis

Among the contested states:

At 7 p.m. ET, voting concludes in Georgia, Indiana and Virginia.

7:30: North Carolina and Ohio finish.

At 8: Florida, Maine, New Hampshire and Pennsylvania all close. Maine is expected to go to Mrs. Clinton, but it can split its four electoral votes, and one is seen as a potential Trump pickup.

At 9: Colorado, Arizona, Michigan, Minnesota, Texas and Wisconsin wrap up.

At 10: The final battlegrounds come to a close: Iowa, Nevada, and the unlikely hot spot of Utah, where independent Evan McMullin has made a strong showing.

adroth

• Administrator
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
    • The ADROTH Project
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 06:45:39 AM »
Still no results yet

Ayoshi

• Timawan
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 01:14:01 PM »
2016 US Presidential Election - Live Results:

http://edition.cnn.com/election/results

adroth

• Administrator
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
    • The ADROTH Project
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 02:13:51 PM »

Ayoshi

• Timawan
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 05:08:14 PM »
President Trump | CNN - November 9, 2016
Washington (CNN)Donald Trump will become the 45th president of the United States, CNN projects, a historic victory for outsiders that represents a stunning repudiation of Washington's political establishment.

The billionaire real estate magnate and former reality star needed an almost perfect run through the swing states -- and he got it, winning Ohio, North Carolina and Florida.

The Republican swept to victory over Hillary Clinton in the ultimate triumph for a campaign that repeatedly shattered the conventions of politics to pull off a remarkable upset. Clinton conceded to Trump in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

Speaking at a victory party in New York, Trump was gracious toward Clinton and called for unity.

Ayoshi

• Timawan
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2016, 06:56:29 PM »
Putin on Trump victory: Russia is ready to restore relations with US | RT news - 9 Nov, 2016
Russia is ready and looks forward to restoring bilateral relations with the United States, Russian President Vladimir Putin said, commenting on the news of Donald Trump's victory in the US presidential election.
In a message to Donald Trump, the Russian President expressed hope over the joint efforts on bringing Russian-American relations out of their current crisis.

Putin also expressed confidence that the dialogue between Moscow and Washington, in keeping with each other’s views, meets the interests of both Russia and the US.

=====

From reuters

UK PM may says looks forward to working with Trump, building ties
British Prime Minister Theresa May congratulated Donald Trump on winning the U.S. presidency on Wednesday, saying Britain and the United States would remain "strong and close partners on trade, security and defense".

China says to work with new U.S. president to develop bilateral ties
China said it will work with the new U.S. president to ensure the steady and sound development of bilateral ties.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Lu Kang made the remarks at a regular news briefing on Wednesday as Republican Donald Trump moved to the brink of winning the White House.

World leaders pledge to work with Trump after U.S. election stunner
Governments from Asia to Europe reacted with stunned disbelief on Wednesday to the victory of Donald Trump in the U.S. presidential election, while populists hailed the result as a triumph of the people over a failed political establishment.

German Defence Minister Ursula von der Leyen, an ally of Chancellor Angela Merkel, described the result as a "huge shock" and questioned whether it meant the end of "Pax Americana", the state of relative peace overseen by Washington that has governed international relations since World War Two.

French Foreign Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault pledged to work with Trump but said his personality "raised questions" and he admitted to being unsure what a Trump presidency would mean for key foreign policy challenges, from climate change and the West's nuclear deal with Iran to the war in Syria.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 08:32:13 PM by Ayoshi »