Author Topic: BRP Lake Caliraya (AF-81) [ex MT Lapu-Lapu / PN Tanker 1]  (Read 1710 times)

adroth

• Administrator
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
    • The ADROTH Project
BRP Lake Caliraya (AF-81) [ex MT Lapu-Lapu / PN Tanker 1]
« on: October 09, 2016, 12:13:46 AM »
BRP Lake Caliraya, Navy's first oil tanker, joins Philippine Fleet
Published May 23, 2015 9:17pm

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/491962/news/nation/brp-lake-caliraya-navy-s-first-oil-tanker-joins-philippine-fleet

A former tanker of the Philippine National Oil Company was commissioned into the Philippine Navy in rites at Fort San Felipe in Cavite City on Saturday.

According to the Philippine Navy, BRP Lake Caliraya (AF81), formerly MT Lapu-Lapu, was donated to the military in March 2014 and went through dry dock and repairs in Batangas and Cavite before beinf commissioned.

< Edited >

BRP Lake Caliraya is a single product replenishment platform that has a depot-to-ship, ship-to-depot, and a ship-to-ship refueling capabilities, the Navy said.

Built in Zhejiang Zhongxing Shipyard in Taizhou, in the Peoples Republic of China in November 2007, the tanker was one of the biggest vessels in the PNOC's fleet and was used to transport bunker fuel across the country.

< Edited >

=======

Sinagtala

• Sic Parvis Magna
    • View Profile
Re: BRP Lake Caliraya (AF-81) [ex MT Lapu-Lapu / PN Tanker 1]
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 09:05:21 AM »
PN personnel conducting Replenishment in Port/ at Sea Simulation Training aboard BRP Lake Caliraya

Source: BRP Lake Caliraya Facebook Page
Link: https://www.facebook.com/pg/BRP-Lake-Caliraya-649373181878915/photos/?tab=album&album_id=659885254161041
"I know that I know nothing." - Socrates

Ayoshi

• Timawan
  • Boffin
    • View Profile
Re: BRP Lake Caliraya (AF-81) [ex MT Lapu-Lapu / PN Tanker 1]
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 11:04:54 PM »
Photos taken from China Defense Blog

-

-

Philstar - May 25, 2015
A state news report noted that the vessel was a donation from the Philippine National Oil Company (PNOC) carrying the name M/T Lapu-Lapu.

With the new motor tanker, fuel will be made available at naval installations and vessels will no longer have to travel farther inland for replenishment. Moreover, it has depot-to-ship, ship-to-depot, and ship-to-ship refueling capabilities.

Problems on fuel contamination will also be addressed with the new oil tanker.

The oil tanker was formerly one of the largest vessels in the fleet of the oil transport corporation. Built in Zhejiang Zhongxing Shipyard in Taizhou, China in November 2007, the AF-81 was commissioned by the PNOC in January 2008. - Camille Diola

Sinagtala

• Sic Parvis Magna
    • View Profile
"I know that I know nothing." - Socrates