FINMECCANICA SIGNS CONTRACT WORTH OVER 100 MILLION EUROS WITH THE PHILIPPINE NAVY FOR AGUSTAWESTLAND AW159 HELICOPTERS
- Finmeccanica signs contract worth over 100 million euros with the Philippine Navy for AgustaWestland AW159 helicopters
- The helicopters will be delivered in 2018 and will perform anti-submarine and anti-surface warfare primary missions
- The contract also includes support and training package
- The Philippine order adds to those in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Korea, bringing the total orders for AW159s to 72
- The most advanced helicopter today available for maritime and naval operations in the most modern and challenging scenarios
Finmeccanica has been awarded a contract, valued at over 100 million euros, to supply the Philippine Navy with two AgustaWestland AW159 helicopters. The aircraft will be built and delivered from the Finmeccanica Helicopter Divisionís Yeovil plant, in the United Kingdom, in 2018. The order includes training and multi-year support and adds to those by the United Kingdom and the Republic of Korea. It is a testament to the long standing relationship between the Philippine Armed Forces and Finmeccanica following previous aeronautics and helicopter programmes.
The two helicopters will be equipped with sophisticated state-of-the-art mission equipment and sensors, primarily dedicated to anti-submarine warfare and anti-surface warfare roles. The helicopters will also be capable of performing other roles including search and rescue, maritime security and maritime surveillance.http://www.leonardocompany.com/en/-/filippine-aw159-philippinehttp://www.leonardocompany.com/documents/63265270/77253330/ComFNM_AW159_Philippines_31032016_ENG.pdf?download_file