Author Topic: Reserve rank after a haitus  (Read 545 times)

Lab-Rat

• View Profile
Reserve rank after a haitus
« on: July 30, 2017, 01:20:27 AM »
Sirs good day!
I would like to ask if you have been an inactive reservist for the 5 years (because of working abroad), do you still retain the same rank that you held before going inactive and decide to  be active again? or you get demoted?
Sorry i know this is not the right thread but i could not post on reservist affairs.
thank you.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

-George S. Patton

spoon

• Timawan
    • View Profile
Re: Reserve rank after a haitus
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 08:59:01 PM »
You would retain the last rank you held when last active. The reserve is not as rigid and stringent with AWOLS since its a voluntary service.

Much better to report back to your unit ( particularly the CDC ) of your locality and bring all
Your documentation specially the enlistment order and promotion orders for faster results. The most they would do is just ask why you were inactive the past few years or months.

PAFunixGeek

• Timawan
  • Tyro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 01:07:10 AM »
Agreed.  just report back to your unit.

Unless you have an infraction such as failing to report when your reserve unit has been placed on active duty (unlikely to happen as you would only be issued orders if you are already actively reporting), you should be able to report back to your unit and resume at last status.  The reason for bringing back enlistment and promotion orders is to reestablish this status - they will be needed anyway to update your RIDS/records.

Time spent in hiatus may not be counted towards Time-in-Grade requirements for promotion, however.

Lab-Rat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 02:24:32 AM »
I am planning of reporting my mother unit in Intramuros as soon as I get back.
Have been planning on joining the active ranks and hopefully they will have a place for my skills inside or outside the laboratory.
Thank you for the answer sirs.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

-George S. Patton

jamesfresco

• Tyro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 10:52:01 AM »
Intramuros? what branch of service/command are you with sir?

Lab-Rat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 08:26:29 AM »
Sir,
22nd Naval Group (Reserve), Naval Forces Reserve, NCR

-George S. Patton